Hulk Scrapbooks! Hulk Happy!
This weekend was awesome! I was waiting for it all week long last week (the week felt interminably long and when the weekend came…it was like…SUCH relief!
We did a few errands, but mostly we just hung out. Went bowling with some friends on Saturday (And Terry won! He was very proud of that). Actually it was so much fun we’re considering joining a “lousy bowlers” league this summer wonce Terry is out of school.
Also we watched “The Hulk” movie that came out last year with Edward Norton. It was actually pretty good. I wasn’t expecting it to be that good because Edward Norton kind of annoys me and the first Hulk movie was so bad. But…I actually recommend it. I would give it a 7 out of 10 because it was acted well, interesting, great effects and not too long. Also there was a cameo at the end of Iron Man (i.e. Tony Stark) hinting at an upcoming “Avengers” movie . How cool was that?
So here are the layouts that I created this weekend at Paper Popsicles “Love is in the Air” online crop event. I had a total blast.
This layout is of Terry and I at an AC/DC concert. We had great tickets…it was so loud but really good. The challenge for this layout was to use a song title as the title of your layout. Also we got extra points for encorporating a music note in the layout.
This layout was part of a challenge to use the title “Three Things I Love About You” and then, of course, list the three reasons. This layout and a previously posted Christmas layout…were both accepted into Basic Grey’s (the paper manufacturer) online Gallery. I’m pretty excited about that! it’s a big honor!
I love this layout…the colors are so much fun and it has so much texture. The challenge was to use the elements of L.O.V.E. (L = Layers, O = Orange, V= Variety of Embellishments, and E = an Everyday Photo). This layout is actually a scraplift of a layout my friend Martha created a few months back. Thanks, Martha!
And lastly, this layout was a challenge where we had to answer all these questions and then do up a layout with them. I asked the set of questions to both myself and Terry…then created this little…”He Said/She Said” sort of layout. I love it!
And, we won an award from Stacy (Brutus the Pug’s Mommy). It’s for being a creative blogger! There are simple rules…you merely have to list 6 things that make you happy. The only thing hard about that is narrowing it down to only six!
Okay, six things that make me happy are:
- Snuggling with Terry and the pugs on the couch in the evening while watching tv.
- Scrapbooking when I have a good idea and you can see the page coming together just as good as it looked in your head.
- Icy cold rootbeer from the bottle.
- Planning for vacations. Sure the vacations themselves are fun (don’t get me wrong!), but I really, really, really like planning them!
- Friday Night Dates. I love going to a restaurnt on friday nights and relaxing, talking about the week and winding down. This has been something I’ve done every (thursday) or Friday night every since I was about 16 I guess. From when I was a kid with my parents to now, going out with Terry…I always have a night out on Friday. It’s tradition…and sometimes the most comforting things are the traditions we embrace.
- Choolate. This doesn’t really need an explanation; who doesn’t love chocolate? It does make me happy. Love the Ghirardelli dark chocolate squares the best because they are portion controlled!
And I’m passing this onto…
Enjoy and I can’t wait to hear what’s making YOU happy right now!