15 Days until Christmas…
This Christmas meme has been going around and I think everyone’s done it on their blogs. I thought I’d drink the grape juice and do it to. What the heck. Here you go. Merry Christmas!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Definitely wrapping paper. I love wrapping gifts! Gift bags always seem like a cop out.
2. Real tree or Artificial? When I was a kid growing up we always had real trees. But in the past ten years or so, I’ve started using a fake tree because they come with the lights already ON them. How neat is that?
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually in the first few weeks of December. It sort of varies every year.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually after the New Year.
5. Do you like eggnog? Love it! Right now Krystal’s (fast food restaurant) has these Eggnog flavored milkshakes and they’re so yummy!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I can’t remember anything specific. Possibly the Barbie Dream House? Was that a Christmas gift? I also remember getting a typewriter, I loved that thing.
7. Hardest person to buy for? No one, really. I’m pretty good at buying gifts…or just asking them what they want!
8. Easiest person to buy for? ME! Ha!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, never have. I suppose I should?
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Always mail them! This years might be a little late, though…
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Fruitcake.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? “A Christmas Story” or “It’s a Wonderful Life”.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually about 2 weeks before Christmas. I’m a last-minute shopper.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes! I find no shame in it if the next person to receive the gift will get more enjoyment out of it than I would.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My Mom’s cookies…favorite kind? Mexican Wedding cakes. Or frosted sugar cookies!
16. Lights on the tree; colored or white? Doesn’t really matter. But white I guess.
17. Favorite Christmas song? “Carol of the Bells” by The Carpenters.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? The last two years, my Mother has come to our house here in Alabama. I think it’s the start of a new beautiful tradition.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s? Probably not…um…Donner, Blitzen, Dasher, Prancer, Cupid, Rudolph…that’s it. I’m missing two I think.
20. Angel on the tree top of tree or a star? A star!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? I’ve done both over the years…usually Christmas Eve, though. After dinner.
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? All of the ornaments on my tree mean something. I buy a few every year or make some. They’re meaningful and don’t necessarily match or have a theme.
23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I don’t think we’ve ever had something specific. Usually whatever sounds good? I think this year I’ll make a beef roast, potatoes, corn, etc.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? I think I asked for jewelry, scrapbooking stuff, an Xbox game, some clothing, gift certificates to Starbucks…
25. Who is most likely to respond to this? I think everyone’s doing this meme!