Gears, Scrapbooking and Pugs, oh my!
Well, what’s been going on here in our world? In a word, Gears of War 2. Okay, that’s like four words, but still, you get my point. The game has pretty much consumed our world since it came out last week. As you may or (may not) know, Gears of War is a really great Xbox 360 game that came out two years ago and it was through it that ended up causing Terry and I to meet (click here for details).
So the game has special significence for us, but also it’s just a really great game. And it’s sequal came out last week, and we completely enjoyed playing it (and beating it) and are now engrossed in it’s multiplayer. There are a lot of new multiplayer aspects, including a really awesome mode called ‘Horde’ where you and four of your friends fight against wave after wave of enemies until 50 waves have passed. It’s totally awesome!
Also, as I stated in an earlier post, I am the guest designer of the month for “December” over at the popular scrapbooking wesbite, “Paper Popsicles“…and I’ve been working on all of my samples. I can’t show you anything I’ve done yet, but I’ve got some photos of my helper, Napoleon who was sitting at my feet helping me. Okay, he wasn’t helping me so much as he was laying on my supplies, snoring and looking cute. But it is comforting to have his little warm presense at my feet.
Here’s a photo of him before he settled down. He’s just a blur of snorting, snuffling movement.
My muse looking fierce. Make it work, Poley bear!
Here he’s settled down mostly by now. And yes, he had stolen a sheet of letters and was sleeping on it. Aww…look at those puppy dog eyes! He’s like…Mommy…stop scrapbooking and come snuggle with me!
My friend Jackie Tagged me as a cool chick! She also wants to know 6 Random Things About Me! So here you go:
- I love the Carpenter’s Christmas album. It isn’t christmas until I decorate the house while listening to it.
- My favorite number has been 37 since I was in 6th grade. Long story.
- I cannot go to bed unless I’m actually sleepy. I hate lying awake in bed.
- I eat cheeseburers plain (meat, cheese, bun only).
- I do not believe that vegetables have any place in my desserts. Who invented carrot cake? This makes me suspicious. It’s like bait -n- switch, right? You’re supposed to be getting cake, but they’re throwing a veggie in there? And Zucchini bread was obviously invented by the nazis.
- I sing and dance with the pugs every day. Multiple times a day. Rukia has a themesong. Poley is the Super King of the Pugs and has a pomp & circumstance that goes along with that. And we all do the ‘Guacamole Dance’ which I made up one day when, fittingly, I was making guacamole.
I tag everyone because if you’r reading my blog, you must be (inherently) cool! Ha!
And last, but certainly not least, we’re doing a 3-day online Holiday Crop over at Paper Popsicles. Come check it out! If you scrapbook, do papercrafts, or are interested in learning more…come check it out!