The Two Faces of Thursday
It’s a Twofer Thursday!
First of all, it’s “Literary Thursday” and that’s a meme that I created where you talk about what you are currently reading, with the lofty goal of promoting literacy out there! I know you know how to read, because honestly, how many illiterate people would be reading a blog? Although I guess they could be here…drawn by the cute pug pictures? Do illiterate people get on the internet at all? I have no idea, actually. I should google that. Hmm…Sorry, tangent over. Wait. What was I talking about?
Ah yes. Currently I’m reading “A Fistful of Charms” by Kim Harrison. This book has been recommended to me numerous times and I’m about 160 pages into it. I’m still not sold on it, but let me finish it before I give it my verdict. Heck, I had to finish “Twilight” by Stephenie Meyer to even like it. What can I say? I’m a hard sell. I think it’s because I’ve read so many books…makes me jaded and a touch overcritical.
I’d also like to do this really cool meme called that I saw on Purs n’ Snorts, “Thursday Thirteen: Things My Pugs do that make us go hmmm…”
- Snore louder than most humans.
- Lick each others faces clean after eating.
- Bark when someone knocks on the front door (Rukia).
- Bark when someone knocks on TV (Rukia).
- Whine insesently until I pick him up, then squirm until I put him down (Napoleon).
- Fart some of the foulest odors I’ve ever smelled (Rukia).
- Eschew most treats for a small peice of cheese.
- When you’re sitting in the kitchen (the Pugs domain) on the computer, Napoleon will sit right next to you. But Rukia will sit accross the room, pouting. Unless you pick her up and hold her in your arms.
- How on earth does Napoleon have THAT much hair to shed? Why isn’t he bald by now?
- Plain, simple, brutish stubborness. Why?
- They are terrified of beach balls.
- The insist on being really good about potty training. And then occasionally forgetting, just to mess with my head.
- They love to lick and/or attack my bare toes with the ferociousness of a thousand wombats.