Memoirs of a Blogger
Got this meme of Michelle’s blog. I thought it was fun so I totally pulled a Winona Ryder and stole it. It’s called “5 Things” and it’s a variant of one of those chain emails I remember getting years ago at work.
1. What were you doing 5 years ago today?
I was living in Los Angeles and just starting to work as an entertainment underwriter. It was a great job. I really loved it; I hated my boss…but I loved the job. The work was interesting and I really liked most of the brokers I dealt with. And the salary was…grrreat.
2. Name 5 snacks that you love:
- Puffy Cheetos
- Roasted, salted almonds
- Zebra cakes
- Coffee (I know you drink it, but I drink A LOT of it).
- Peanut butter melted on toast
3. What are 5 things on your ‘To-Do’ list for today/ Or things you’ve already done today:
- Cleaned out the litterbox and fed puggies. Little beasts! Oh, I love them.
- Stopped at Circle K for coffee. Yum…they have this coffee bar and you can get mini-marshmellows. A giant 16oz cup for only $1.28. Beat that, Starbucks!
- I’ve got a “e-Conference” at 4:00 that takes place online and on phone. Ooo…exciting…I’ll be learning about ratings or something…? I must read through that email before attending…
- Pick up our pre-ordered copy of Grand Theft Auto IV from Game Stop (This was a demand from the man, Terry…since he’s out of town currently. Aparently I must get it so that he’ll have it when he returns…)
- Scrapbooking! I’m currently working on a layout regarding Terry’s classroom and being his first year as a teacher. It’s coming along nicely but I got tired last night and ended up just laying on couch watching Fraiser re-runs. I love that show.
4. Name 5 things I would do if I won five million dollars:
- Pay off credit cards. I know that’s a boring answer, but how awesome would it be to have no debt – no montly payments? Sweet!
- Buy a house…..one with a beautiful kitchen!
- Go on a long, long vacation to one of those gorgeous hotels on the beach that I could never normally afford.
- Quit my job and spend my life managing my finances and making sure it lasts us the rest of our life. I’d probally try writing that “great american novel” that I’ve always wanted to write. Can romance novels be considered a great american novel? Who knows, who cares.
- Pay someone to clean up after us. I want a full-time made. I need a Rosario to my Karen.
5. Name 5 bad habits you have:
- Junk food. Oh, how I love thee! My fat ass; oh how I hate thee!
- Going to bed without brushing teeth. I really need to get better about this, to brush twice a day. Seriously – especially because I absolutly hate going to the dentist (Sorry Bella & Perogi’s dad).
- Buying the same magazines every month off the newstand. I reallly need to just pick up subscriptions because I’m wasting so much money this way.
- Procrastination. Need I say more?
- In arguments…correcting statements and getting hung upon always having to be RIGHT. And having the last word.
6. Name 5 places you’ve lived:
- Santa Clara, CA (…it’s in the bay area)
- Rancho Penasquitos, CA (…it’s in San Diego)
- Woodland Hills, CA (…it’s in Los Angeles)
- Hollywood, CA
- Auburn, AL (…near enough to it)
7. Name 5 jobs you’ve had:
- Call Center for San Diego Blood Bank – I was that person who’d call you and remind you to donate blood again
- Worked in my mom’s Tole Painting store for years during High School and College
- Collections Department
- Entertainment Underwriter (wrote insurance for bands, actors, commercials and movies)
- Glorified Secretary (technical term)
And one more meme today…one that I was tagged by two seperate people to do (Two Cute Pugs and Pug Possessed). So I cannot ignore it. Everyone knows you have to do a meme if you’re tagged. But if you’re tagged by two seperate people? That’s like a double-dog-dare … and you cannot back down from that.
This meme is a “6 Word Memoir” – basically you have to describe your life (thus far) in 6 words. So here is my entry:
Painting is by one of my favorite artists, Max Beckmann.
And I tag: Frances, Paul, Melissa, Rusty and Norman. Wow, it was actually rather hard finding people who hadn’t yet done the “6-word-Memoir” meme yet. Of course, if I didn’t tag you but you want to do it – you’re welcome to do it anyways. I love reading them about everyone!