Chicken it Forward
Although I did win the lottery with Terry. He is a wonderful, smart, handsome man. I love him! And my puggy babies. Aren’t they adorable? I took this cute photo of them in their new bed and put it through the computers “watercolor” effect. Rukia is a little blacked-out but Poley looks adorable. And you can see their newest favorite toy, Mr. Loofa, which we won from darling Clover’s (Clover’s Adventures) Mummy during the Pay-It-Forward. They totally loved it. And I forgot to get a photo of the treats she sent. They inhaled them and completely loved them. ALSO, the best part of the gift was the gorgeous sketches!
Here are some pictures of the sketches. Clover’s mom, Jess, also has some pictures of the sketches up on her blog. They’re totally awesome! Mostly because they’re of my little darlings, but also because the artist was obviously quite talented: First Napoleone when he was a little puppy:
And then Rukia as a puppy:
Also, I wanted to post my recipe for Chicken Salad Sandwiches. Consider it my Pay-It-Forward gift to all my readers. These sandwiches are TOTALLY awesome! People would pay for them!
Allison’s Chicken Salad Sandwiches (2-4 people depending on your appetite)
3 Chicken breasts
1/2 cup vermouth (enough to make liquid around chicken)
Spice mix (Salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, season salt)
Olive oil (just a little drizzle)
Mayo (enough to coat)
1. Put a drizzle of olive oil on chicken breasts, rub on with your fingers. Then put spices on: Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder and Season Salt – this will create a pinkish paste over the chicken breast.
2. Pour some vermouth over chicken – this will make some sort of sauce that is loose around the chicken.
3. Bake at 375^F for about 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through (press with finger – meat should feel firm.
4. Cool chicken. Cube. Mix with mayo until desired texture. Add salt & pepper to taste.
5. Put on either a toasted hamburger bun or croissant. Enjoy!
Here are some pictures of the process: